This recipe is enough to marinate 4 chicken breasts, 2 bell peppers and 3 onions. If I'm using steak I usually use 2 pounds, and usually a flank steak. I serve this on a low-carb tortilla or on top of lettuce with sour cream, salsa and cheese.
(Beef broth not pictured)
Pin it for later.
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 t. grated lime rind (make sure not to get any of pith (the white stuff under the rind) because it tastes bitter)
- 2 1/2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 t. ground cumin (if you don't love the flavor of cumin back it down to 1 t.)
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. low-sodium beef broth or stock
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour over meat and vegetables and let marinate for a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is best to really let the flavors soak in.
***Do not marinate meat and vegetables in the same container. This leads to cross contamination. If you are using more than one variety of meat, put them in separate containers as well.