***This post contains affiliate links. You are in no way obligated to purchase anything. If you do so I receive a small commission, which does not affect your purchase price in any way. By purchasing through my affiliate links, it helps to cover the costs of operating my site. Thank you for your consideration and support!
I love pasta salad! To me it is quintessential summer food, especially when you can add veggies straight from your own garden. Yum! Since starting to eat the Trim Healthy Mama way in August of 2013, I've missed regularly making pasta salad. I used to make the boxed kind, but that is definitely not on plan. Well after many times of tweaking the dressing for this salad, I got it right! By using Dreamfields Pasta, this salad is completely on plan and absolutely delicious. No one in my family could tell that I used a low-carb pasta. Win for Mama!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad (THM:S) Makes 8 side dish portions
- (1) 13.25 oz. box of Dreamfields Pasta (any cut is fine, I used Penne this time)
- (1) large tomato, diced
- (1) bell pepper, any color, diced
- (10) slices pepperoni or turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 c. olive oil (or extra virgin olive oil if you prefer)
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. Feta cheese
- Optional veggies to mix in: chopped black olives, small diced red onion, chopped roasted red peppers
- Prepare the pasta according to the package's directions.
- Cut the vegetables and the pepperoni and place in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and spices and set aside.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain well and let it cool completely. Once it is cool, add it to the vegetables and pepperoni.
- Whisk the dressing once more and pour over top of the pasta and vegetables. Add half of the Feta cheese and stir. Add the other half of the Feta cheese and stir again. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
***This salad will stay good in your fridge for up to 3 days.***