I was SO excited when my new Trim Healthy Mama Plan book and the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook showed up on my door step. I had been anticipating the release of these books for a while and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on them. I felt like the original Trim Healthy Mama book was great, so I was eager to see how they were going to update the plan and what new amazing recipes Pearl & Serene had come up with.
Boy oh boy, these two new books DID NOT disappoint. Let me break it down book by book.
Trim Healthy Mama Plan
- I love the simplicity of this book. It lays out the plan at the most basic level, but also gives great and detailed explanation of the intricacies of the plan without making you feel overwhelmed.
- I appreciated that they explained how to build each type of meal and had an expanded list of foods that are appropriate in each fuel setting.
- When I started THM over two years ago I was a nursing mom. I was a bit confused as to whether or not I needed more of one thing or another and thankfully had my questions answered in the Facebook forums. I'm so glad they included a section specifically for pregnant and nursing moms to help answer any questions.
- There are many products mentioned in the book that are unfamiliar to most people who are new to eating this way. I appreciated the description of what they are and how to use them.
- One of my favorite sections of the book was the meal planning. I'm passionate about meal planning so of course it seems predictable that this would be my favorite section. But I loved it so much because they give a sample meal plan for each type of Mama (i.e. Drive Thru Sue, Purist, Budget Conscious, etc...) This will be helpful to those who are still a bit confused as to what they can eat that fits into their lifestyle.
- I found a fun surprise on page 164. It is huge honor and very humbling to have my website mentioned in this book. Seriously, I still can't believe it!
Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
- First of all, this cookbook is BEAUTIFUL! The photography is amazing and I could stare at it all day.
- There are some repeat recipes from the original book, but most of them are brand new. I've had a hard time picking out what I'd like to make first. There are so many delicious recipes that are on my "to try" list. There just aren't enough meals in a day. ;)
- The recipes are written more like traditional recipes rather than in a list form in the old book. It makes them much easier to read and follow.
- I was happy to see a whole section on crock pot meals. They make life so much easier on busy days.
***This give away is now closed!***
Because I love the cookbook so much I'm giving (1) copy away to (1) reader. Follow the instructions below to enter. The give away ends Sunday, October 11 at midnight. Thanks for entering!
a Rafflecopter giveaway