As fall is about to begin next month and the weather will begin to inevitably get cooler, I figured this was the perfect time to do a round up of all my favorite soups. Soups are one of my most favorite types of food to make because they are comforting, budget friendly, large enough to serve a crowd and/or have plenty of leftovers. Even if you don't follow the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) plan this list of soups is guaranteed to wow your friends and family.
I have been following the THM way of eating for over a year now. One of the comments I get most is "so you must eat about 1200 calories a day and feel totally deprived". Quite the opposite actually. I found countless recipes of completely satisfying, comforting and delicious foods. Over the past year I've tried many, many soup recipes because I simply love soup so much. Also, I find that soup is a great way to get an E meal in, yet still feel satisfied after eating it.
Here's my list of my 20 favorite soups:
- Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (FP or E)
- Jalapeno Chicken Bacon Chowder (S)
- Italian White Bean and Spinach Soup (E)
- Hearty Two Bean and Lentil Chili (E)
- Texas Chicken Tortilla Soup (S, E, or FP)
- Chicken Avocado Soup (S)
- Chicken Bacon Chowder (S)
- Cheesy Burger Soup (S)
- Buffalo Chicken Chili (S)
- Chicken Fiesta Soup (E) ***Omit the corn
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup (E)
- Chicken Quinoa Soup (E) ***Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs
- Cabbage Soup (E) ***Omit the meat or use chicken sausage
- Colorado White Chili (E) ***Omit the corn
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (E)
- Harvest Minestrone with Quinoa and Kale (E) ***Reduce oil to 1 T.
- Creamy Broccoli Soup (S)
- White Chicken Chili (E) ***I substitute unsweetened almond milk for the coconut milk.
- Chicken and White Bean Spinach Soup (E)
- 15-Minute Lentil Soup (E)
I hope you and your family enjoy these soups as much we do!