Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (E) Serves 4-6
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces and cooked in 1 t. oil and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 c. fat free chicken stock or broth
- 2 c. water
- 1-2 t. salt
- black pepper, to taste
- bay leaf
- 3 oz. noodles (I used Dreamfields) OR 1 c. cooked brown rice
- 2 T. dried parsley or 1 T. fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven or large stockpot sauté celery, carrots and onion in 1 t. oil until the onions become translucent.
- Add the cooked chicken, stock and water to the pot. Add the seasonings and noodles and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until the noodles are cooked or brown rice is warmed up, about 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf before serving.