***This post contains affiliate links. You are in no way obligated to purchase anything. If you do so I receive a small commission, which does not affect your purchase price in any way. By purchasing through my affiliate links, it helps to cover the costs of operating my site. Thank you for your consideration and support!
I really love using my slow cooker, so I'm not sure why I don't use it more often. It's so convenient and I only have to clean up one pot. That makes me very happy! I'm finding as my kids get older our evenings are getting busier and busier. I still desire to give my family a home cooked meal as much as possible, so I'm trying to utilize my slow cooker more and more.
This recipe couldn't be more easy to make. The only real "work" you have to do is to brown the ground beef and chop the vegetables. So incredibly easy! It's also very easy on the budget too. This dish is great served with a side salad or some green beans and butter.
For those of you that follow Trim Healthy Mama, this meal is a S meal.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef and Cabbage (Serves 4-6)
- 1 T. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1# ground beef
- 1 medium head of green cabbage, thinly sliced (to save time, you could use a bag of coleslaw)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 T. Italian Seasoning
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 tomato sauce can of water
- green onions, optional for topping
- In a medium pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the ground beef, cook until done.
- In a 6 qt. slow cooker, place half of the cabbage, onions, green pepper, beef, seasonings and tomato sauce.
- Repeat step 2 and add the 1/2 can tomato sauce can of water. Put on the lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve and top with green onions if desired. Eat with a small side salad or green beans and butter.