***This post contains affiliate links. You are in no way obligated to purchase anything. If you do so I receive a small commission, which does not affect your purchase price in any way. By purchasing through my affiliate links, it helps to cover the costs of operating my site. Thank you for your consideration and support!
I bought a zucchini noodle maker a couple of months back and I just CANNOT get enough zucchini noodles. To me they have completely replaced the need for any pasta. The zucchini itself does not have much flavor, but boy oh boy can you doctor it up into something spectacular.
I feel funny calling this a recipe because it literally is so simple. I've made this dish three times so far, and each time I love it even more. Even my two year old wants some of Mommy's "chinni noodles" when they're made this way.
To make this dish into a complete meal you could add some grilled chicken or steak on top. As a side dish you could split it between two people, add a meat protein and another veggie and call it a complete meal. But it's so good, you might want to eat it all yourself. If you follow Trim Healthy Mama this is an S dish.
Easy Zucchini Noodles for One
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and washed
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Wash and trim the ends off of a medium zucchini.
- With your zucchini noodle maker in hand, find the side for making thick noodles and make noodles according to the directions. Make the noodles over a cutting board and cut them in half, and then half again so you end up with shorter noodles.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and then add the zucchini noodles and onion to the pan. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Sauté for 7-9 minutes, or until the veggies are tender, stirring frequently.
- Plate them and immediately top with Parmesan cheese.