Monday, April 6, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: 4/6-4/12/15


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" meals20 Meatless THM Meals, my 20 favorite THM soupsmy 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks and my 30 THM snack ideas. Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Pin it for later.

I hope you had a great Easter with your family and friends. We had a great day. Now I have to find a way to get rid of all this candy that in my house!! Ahh it's staring at me and calling me to eat it, but I won't give in.

We homeschool here at our house and my kids are so mad that we aren't on Spring Break like their cousin. People, you should have heard the drama and crying in my house this morning! Oh. My. Word! You would have thought I said no summer break. Wowza! Anyhow, to smooth things over I offered to let them have play dates in the afternoon with their cousin, which thankfully alleviated the drama. Then one of my daughters asked if they could help plan some of the dinner meals this week to make it more special. So of course I agreed! Each of my kids, even the two year old, is choosing one dinner meal this week. They all actually chose something that was on-plan. So take heart Mamas that are struggling to get your families on board with THM, kids do eventually come around.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
L - Loaded Fotato Soup and side salad with drizzle of EVOO and red wine vinegar with water to drink (S) pg. 294
S - Cottage Berry Whip with water to drink (FP) ***I always double this and freeze it so I have snack for another day as well.
D - Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup  with water to drink (E) ***Reduce oil to 1 T.

Tuesday:
B - (2) eggs scrambled with green peppers and onions and cooked in coconut oil with hot peppermint tea to drink (S)
L - leftover Olive Garden Minestrone Soup with water to drink (E)
S - leftover Cottage Berry Whip with water to drink (FP)
D - Taco Salad with cheese, sour cream and salsa with water to drink (S) ***Use this taco seasoning recipe.

Wednesday:
B - Thin Mint Shake (S)
L - Mexican Cottage Cheese Salad (FP) pg. 302 ***I'm using this salsa
S - Hard-boiled egg with celery, some grape tomatoes and cucumber slices with GGMS to drink (S)
D - Lean Marinated Steak, roasted asparagus, broccoli with a pat of butter and water to drink (S) ***Recipe for the marinated steak coming later this week

Thursday:
B - (2) eggs scrambled with green peppers and onions and cooked in coconut oil with hot apple spice tea to drink (S)
L - Light Tomato Soup with side veggie salad drizzled with 1 t. EVOO and red wine vinegar with water to drink (E) pg. 293 ***Make sure you use non-fat Greek yogurt in the soup to ensure that this meal stays in the E territory.
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers topped with (2) slices of lean deli turkey and mustard with GGMS to drink (FP)
D - Zesty Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Casserole with water to drink (E)

Friday:
B - Berry Lemon Shake (S) ***I'm leaving out the cream cheese because I forgot to buy it at the store. I'm sure it will still taste great even without it. :)
L - Big salad topped with strawberries, almonds and Tangy and Sweet Vinaigrette with water to drink (S)
S - 0% Greek Yogurt, sweetened to taste and layered in a parafait with strawberries and an apple with water to drink(E)
D - Pizza Casserole with fresh veggies with a Zevia Black Cherry Soda to drink (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - Crustless Quiche with fresh strawberries on the side with water to drink (S)
L - Big salad topped with strawberries, almonds and Tangy and Sweet Vinaigrette with GGMS to drink (S)
S - 1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese with fresh veggies with water to drink (FP)
D - Quinoa Lentil Chili with Zevia Black Cherry Soda to drink (E) *** I'm omitting the meat and adding black beans

Sunday:
B - Almond Raspberry Swirl Yogurt with water to drink (S) pg. 252
L - Grilled hamburger with fresh veggies and Crunchy and Tangy Bacon Coleslaw with water to drink(S)
S - (2) Wasa Light Rye Crackers topped with wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese with GGMS (FP)
D - We have small group and I'm not sure as to the type of food we're supposed to bring yet.

Printable Meal Plan
Printable Shopping List

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the steak recipe. I still don't see the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://darciesdishes.blogspot.com/2015/04/simply-delicious-marinade-s-e-or-fp.html?

      Sorry I forgot to link it back.

      Delete