Friday, April 3, 2015

Crunchy and Tangy Bacon Coleslaw (S)

Pin it

I just love coleslaw. It always reminds me of picnics, church potlucks and family reunions. Now that warmer weather is on the way and we'll be grilling out more, I really wanted to come up with a coleslaw that was on plan, but still very delicious to accompany my grilled food. This coleslaw hits all the right notes. It's sweet but tangy with a perfect little crunch from the nuts and cabbage. It makes quite a bit, so it's great to bring to gatherings as well.

I like my coleslaw a little "chunkier" so I cut my cabbage by hand, but if you like your coleslaw to be thinner, then shred it on a box grater or in your food processor. Or if you're really short on time, buy the pre-shredded cabbage from the store. No shame in taking a little help from the store. :)

Printable Recipe
Crunchy and Tangy Bacon Coleslaw (S)
  • 3/4 c. mayonnaise *For those wishing to make their own mayo, here's a great recipe from Paleo Leap
  • 1 t. THM Sweet Blend or 1 1/4 t. Truvia
  • 1 1/2 t. apple cider vinegar
  • 4 c. green cabbage, shredded
  • 1 1/2 c. red cabbage, shredded
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
  • 1/2 c. nuts - sliced almonds or peanuts taste the best
  1. Mix mayo, sweetener and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
  2. Add the cabbages and bacon to the bowl and mix lightly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
  3. When you're ready to serve, add the nuts and stir to combine.

9 comments:

  1. Darci, do you use store bought mayo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can, just make sure it has no added sugar.

      Delete
  2. Darci, do you use store bought mayo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great! Company loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that you all liked it! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. Darcie
    If I have missed seeing it I apologize. How many servings is this delicious recipe?
    Thanks,
    Liz Cassin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,

      I can usually get 5-6 side dish servings of this coleslaw.

      Delete
  5. Yum! Eating this now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete