Monday, March 30, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: 3/30-4/5/15


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" meals20 Meatless THM Meals, my 20 favorite THM soupsmy 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks and my 30 THM snack ideas. Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Pin it for later.

We have a busier week this week so I'm keeping the meal plan pretty simple this week. I just love that there are still plenty of healthy options, even if you're short on time. By planning ahead you can avoid the drive-thru or ordering take-out. For me, getting healthy is about making one good choice after another. And whoa, it's April this week?!?!?!? What in the world! Ladies, if you've been slacking in the exercise department like I have, it's time to kick it up a notch. Summer is coming quickly!

I've been asked many times for some more budget friendly meals, as well as vegetarian meals too. So in case you missed my post last week, here's 20 Meatless THM meals. It features recipes from a bunch of my fellow THM blogging ladies.

I'm using a lot of eggs this week as they're on sale due to the Easter holiday. I just love eggs. They're such a great source of protein and really help stretch a buck as well. Plus they're super versatile and taste great!

Here are my goals for the week:
  • Go to bed by 10:30 so I can wake up earlier to exercise.
  • Continue to drink half my body weight in water, herbal tea and GGMS.
  • Exercise 3x
  • Blog one new recipe to share with all of you!
Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Strawberry Greek Yogurt with Bulletproof Chai to drink (S)
L - Salad with feta, pepperoni and Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette with water to drink (S)
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese with water to drink (FP)
D - Taco Salad with sour cream, cheese and salsa with water to drink (S) ***Use this taco seasoning. I'm making a double batch of this so I can have the leftover for lunch.

Tuesday:
B - Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
L - leftover taco salad with water to drink (S)
S - 1 c. air-popped popcorn with 1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese with GGMS (E)
D - Garbanzo Bean Soup with water to drink (E) ***I'm making this in the crockpot instead of the stovetop.

Wednesday:
B - Breakfast with my mom's group. I'm bringing pumpkin muffins. (S)
L - Berry Lemon Shake (S)
S - celery with peanut butter with GGMS to drink (S)
D - out to eat

Thursday:
B - (2) Eggs and bacon with hot peppermint tea to drink (S)
L - Very Berry Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette with water (S)
S - Cottage Berry Whip with water to drink (FP) ***Making a double batch and putting it in the freezer for another snack throughout the week.
D - Spinach casserole with buttered broccoli and water to drink (S)

Friday:
B - Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - Avocado BLT Salad over lettuce with water to drink (S)
S - leftover Cottage Berry Whip  with water to drink (FP)
D - Pizza Casserole with fresh veggies and water (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs with cheese, green peppers and onions with hot peppermint tea to drink (S)
L - leftover Avocado BLT salad over lettuce with water to drink (S)
S - Peanut Butter Whip (S)
D - grilled chicken with "Spanish Rice" Quinoa and green beans with water (E)

Sunday:
B - Crustless Quiche with hot peppermint tea to drink (S)
L - Grilled cheeseburger with side salad with ranch with water to drink (S)
S - Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Mixed Berry Greek Yogurt with water (FP)
D - Buffalo Chicken Chili with water to drink (S)

Printable Meal Plan
Printable Shopping List

Have a great week, a blessed Easter with family and friends and happy eating!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your hard work! Being new to THM and working full time, looking forward to having help with guidelines and this resource.
    Lisa - Rice Lake, WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your hard work! Being new to THM and working full time, looking forward to having help with guidelines and this resource.
    Lisa - Rice Lake, WI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found me and that my site can be of some help!

      Delete