Monday, March 23, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: 3/23-3/29/15


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soupsmy 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks and my 30 THM snack ideas. Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

Over the last week I've come across many delicious looking recipes, so this week's meal plan is full of new meals. I get bored if I eat the same things over and over so I was so happy to find so many that look promising, and of course are on plan. I'm also trying to make it more of point to eat meatless meals 1-2 times a week to stretch my grocery budget. I calculated that I can save between $4-8 per meal depending on the cut of meat, just by cutting it out and replacing it with a non-meat source of protein.

My goals for the week are:
  • Drink at least half my body weight in water, herbal tea and GGMS.
  • Exercise 3x
  • Continue to work on developing a few recipes that are swimming around in my head. :)
Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Dannon Triple Zero Greek Strawberry yogurt with 3 strawberries sliced and mixed in with water to drink (FP)
L - Salad with feta cheese, turkey pepperoni and Ranch with water to drink (S)
S - 1 c. air popped popcorn seasoned with cayenne pepper and 1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese with GGMS to drink (E)
D - out to dinner to celebrate my son's birthday
S - Peanut Butter Whip (S) ***I'm having this so I don't feel left out of eating my son's cupcakes

Tuesday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs with bacon with peppermint tea to drink (S)
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup with water to drink (S)
S - celery with peanut butter with Strawberry GGMS to drink (S)
D - White Chicken Lasagna with side salad with Ranch with water to drink (S)

Wednesday:
B - Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
L - leftover White Chicken Lasagna with water to drink (S)
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese with peppermint tea to drink (FP)
D - Grain Free Burrito Bake with water to drink (S) ***Use this recipe for the enchilada sauce

Thursday:
B - Berry Lemon Shake (FP)
L - leftover Grain Free Burrito Bake with water to drink (S)
S - 1/2 avocado with 2% cottage cheese and bell peppers with water to drink (S)
D - Harvest Minestrone with Quinoa and Kale with water to drink (E)

Friday:
B - Sweet Cinnamon Quinoa  with peppermint tea to drink (E) pg. 227
L - (2) Caveman BLT's with strawberries with water to drink (S)
S - 0 % Plain Greek Yogurt with 2 T. peanut butter and 1 oz. 85% dark cocoa mixed in with water to drink (S)
D - Pizza Casserole with fresh veggies and water to drink (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - Mom's Breakfast Casserole with peppermint tea to drink (S)
L - Very Berry Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing with water to drink (S)
S - Thin Mint Shake (S)
D - Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Soup with water to drink (S) pg. 335

Sunday:
B - Green Smoothie (E) ***Omit the banana
L - Cheesy Bacon Chicken Cauliflower Casserole with green beans with water to drink (S)
S - Snickers Hot Chocolate (S)
D - Leftovers with water to drink

Printable Meal Plan
Printable Shopping List

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, thank you! I love how you include lots of veggies and not overkill-excessive on the meat. I would love to see more vegetarian meals on THM, if you could point me in that direction, it would help me even more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran! So glad you found my blog. Yes we love veggies in our home, plus it makes more budget friendly to eat less meat. I've got something in the works for some vegetarian meals. Stay tuned! Pinterest is also a great place to find them.

      Delete