Monday, March 16, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: 3/16-3/22/15


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soupsmy 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks and my 30 THM snack ideas. Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

I'm so happy that so many of you were giddy with excitement (like I was!) over the addition of the printable menu and shopping list last week! My heart in doing these meal plans is truly to be a help and make meal planning feel like more of a breeze than another source of stress in your life. I've also started a Facebook Page for Darcie's Dishes. Be sure to stop by and like my page so you never miss one of my posts. I also share posts from other THM bloggers as well.

Many of you have asked what I drink throughout the day so I will be adding that to the meal plan this week. I'm hoping to implement weekly goals each week too. I find that when I write out my goals I'm much more apt to achieve them than when I just think about them throughout the week. And if you're like me you forget half the things that you wanted to accomplish unless it's written down. Can you say mom brain over here???

My health related goals for the week
  • Drink half my body weight in water, herbal tea and GGMS. I feel so much better when I'm properly hydrated.
  • Exercise 3x. I've been really slack in my exercise lately. I really want to get back into the habit of regular exercise again.
  • Cook more beans to have on hand for the freezer. These come in handy to throw in a soup or make a quick bean burrito or burrito bowl.
  • Go to bed at 10:30. I'm such a night owl, but all of my kids are morning people and are up by 6 or 6:30, so to ensure I get enough sleep I need to be in bed my 10:30.
Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
L - Salad with hard-boiled egg, cheddar and Ranch with GGMS to drink (S)
S - 1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese with bell peppers and cucumbers with hot Peppermint tea (FP)
D - Garlic Chicken over brown rice and steamed broccoli (with water to drink (E) ***Make sure you follow the directions in the recipe to make the chicken FP.

Tuesday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs and bacon with water to drink (S)
L - Loaded Fotato Soup with water to drink (S) pg. 294
S - Cheddar cheese cubes with strawberries with GGMS to drink (S)
D - Cheeseburger Cabbage Skillet with green beans with water to drink (S)

Wednesday:
B - Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Strawberry Greek Yogurt with 2 strawberries diced and mixed in with water to drink (FP)
L - leftover Cheeseburger Cabbage Skillet with water to drink (S)
S - handful of almonds with 1/2 green apple with Hot Peppermint Tea (S)
D - Crockpot Chicken and Quinoa with water to drink (E) ***I omit the wine and add an additional 1/2c. of chicken stock and reduce the butter to 1 T.

Thursday:
B - Raspberry Cheesecake Shake (S) ***I'm using strawberries instead of raspberries because that is what I have on hand in my freezer.
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup with water to drink (S) pg. 292
S - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt sweetened to taste with 2 T. peanut butter mixed in with water to drink (S)
D - Zesty Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Casserole (E)

Friday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs and bacon with water (S)
L - Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Salad with water(S) ***I'm using regular mayo and 0% Plain Greek Yogurt and substituting 1t. of THM Sweet Blend for the sugar.
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese with GGMS(FP)
D - Pizza casserole with fresh veggies with GGMS to drink (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt with strawberries and almonds mixed in with water to drink (S)
L - leftover Creamy Broccoli Salad with water (S)
S - 1/2 green apple with 2 T. peanut butter with GGMS (S)
D - Out to eat, I looked at the menu of where we're going and I'm ordering a steak salad (S)

Sunday:
B - Thin Mint Shake (S)
L - Out
S - Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Strawberry Greek Yogurt (FP)
D - Small Group at church, not sure what I'm bringing yet

Printable Meal Plan
Printable Shopping List

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it can be helpful for you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this. I am looking forward to following you and trying these recipes. I have input everything into my Plan to Eat program and am ready to go. Again thanks, I needed this.

    Blessings,

    Shireen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to help! You can do it. Getting and staying on plan is definitely easier with a plan.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this. It has helped me a lot in planning a menu! Blessings on you and your family for this kindness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that it is helpful for you! Thanks for the encouraging words, Suzi!

      Delete
  4. I have done Plan to Eat for over a year, but I mainly use it to plan dinner for my family. This has helped me broaden that to plan my whole day. Thanks so much for doing this. I do have a quick question: you do the Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt quite a bit; I have been doing Yoplait 100 calorie Greek yogurt. Is the Yoplait not on plan or do you just prefer the Dannon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the Yoplait brand. I'm assuming that there is sugar in them. Dannon is on plan because it is made with Stevia. So I guess check the ingredient list and see if sugar is listed (in any form such as sucralose, fructose, etc)

      Delete