Monday, January 12, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: 1/12-1/18/15



Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soups and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

So I TOTALLY blew through our grocery money this month way earlier than I had planned to. Oops! So this week with the little bit money I had left, I ran to the store for fresh produce and almond milk only. This week's menu consists of items that I already had on hand in my pantry, freezer or fridge. This is why I can't stress enough the importance of having a pantry/ freezer stockpile. If you want to read a bit on how I have built mine up here is part 1 and part 2.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
L - Salad with bacon, cheddar and Ranch (S)
S - peanuts and 1/2 green apple (S)
D - Colorado White Chili (E) ***I omitted the corn and added green peppers instead.

Tuesday:
B - Bacon and scrambled eggs (S)
L - leftover Colorado White Chili (E)
S - 1 oz. cheddar cheese and small handful of almonds (S)
D - Barbacoa Beef with fajita veggies over lettuce with sour cream, cheese and salsa (S)

Wednesday:
B -  Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - leftover Barbacoa Beef salad (S)
S - Cottage Berry Whip (FP)
D - Cabbage Soup (E) ***Omit the meat or use lean chicken sausage.

Thursday:
B - Bacon and eggs (S)
L - leftover Cabbage Soup (E)
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with a wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
D - Chicken and "Rice" Casserole with steamed broccoli (S)

Friday:
B - Green Smoothie (E) ***Omit the banana
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup (S) pg. 292
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with a wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
D - Pizza Casserole (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - (2) Ham Cups (S) ***Omit the hashbrowns :(
L - Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing (S) ***Use an on-plan sweetener instead of the brown sugar.
S - Berritastic Smoothie (S) pg. 248
D - Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole (E) ***Instead of using the amount of cheese called for in the recipe, I just put a tiny pinch on each portion at serving.

Sunday:
B - Snickers Hot Cocoa (S)
L - Savory Bean and Spinach Soup (E)
S - Cottage Berry Whip (FP)
D - Hodgepodge of leftovers from the week, I'm hoping to eat the Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole (E)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!


9 comments:

  1. What is your budget on groceries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $400/month for a family of 6. That includes diapers and toiletries, paper products, etc...

      Delete
  2. Darcie, Do you feel like you're cooking constantly? I think that's where I struggle w THM and meal prep (although I have lost 30 lbs so far :) - to really be on top of it feels like I'm always in the kitchen. Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do cook all the time, however I enjoy cooking so it doesn't bother me much. I know a lot of people don't enjoy cooking so my best advice is to keep it as simple as possible. Do yogurt or make a double batch of a smoothie for breakfast. Have an easy lunch of deli roll ups (they are in the book) and then reserve most of your cooking time for dinner. It's easy to burn out. I struggle most with keeping up on the dishes. ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your thoughtful response!

      Delete
  3. I have a small kitchen, so I get frustrated with that, but it's been great feeding my whole family healthy meals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have a tiny kitchen, so I understand completely. I've thought about doing a post on how to function in a small kitchen. Maybe I'll put that together soon because I've come up with some efficient ways to crank out a lot of food in a small space.

      Delete
  4. Darcie when you make the black bean quinoa casserole do you make chicken to go along side or do you use black beans as your protein in the E meal Thanks Stacia

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheap behind the school teacher, touched the pocket of bank oakley factory outlet store cards, cheap laugh, and oakley sunglasses for cheap then pressed the doorbell principal home. oakley sunglasses for cheap that there is oakley sunglasses for cheap a benefit, I fancy is mine. Principal home in dormitory oakley sunglasses for It is the principal door, a forty-year-old oakley sunglasses for cheap man, a little bald, http://www.rotisseriejules.com his face solemn, wearing a rigorous, behind the eyes of an exposed gold spectacles doubt eyes.

    ReplyDelete