Monday, November 17, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 11/17-11/23/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soups and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

We are going to be traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday so my meal plan this week is made up of dishes that consist of food items that are in my pantry, freezer or that I already had on hand in the fridge. I wanted to avoid the grocery store this week so that I wouldn't have extra produce, milk, etc... sitting around in my fridge and going bad while we're away. This week required some creativity, but it was fun to come up with this meal plan. I love a good challenge!

Thankfully my pantry and freezer were well stocked with some great basics. If you're wondering how I keep a pantry stock pile, be sure and read Part 1 and Part 2 of what I keep stocked and how I do it, and on the cheap too. A few items I no longer purchase since starting THM, but the premise is the same. This time of year has some of the best deals all year on things like butter, eggs, baking staples, canned and frozen veggies, etc... Keep an eye on your sales fliers. 

In the midst of a busy week and getting my family of 6 ready for a trip, my Zaycon Foods chicken order pick up is this week! I'm so excited!!! Buying in bulk saves a lot of time and money.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Thin Mint Shake (S) *** I don't have the chocolate but I still love the shake even without the little bits of chocolate.
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup (S) pg. 292
S - celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Chicken Stir-fry (E) ***I made a double batch to ensure leftovers for lunch and used a bunch of frozen vegetables instead of fresh

Tuesday:
B - Scrambled Eggs and half of a green apple (S)
L - leftover Chicken Stir-fry (E)
S - celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Meat Veggie and Rice Soup (E) 

Wednesday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242 ***Splitting in half and using half for snack
L - leftover Meat Veggie and Rice Soup (E)
S - Big Boy Smoothie (FP)
D - Orange Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole with side of broccoli (E)

Thursday:
B - Snickers Hot Cocoa with half an apple (S)
L - Black Bean Quesadilla with carrots and cucumbers on the side (E)
S - Baked Grapefruit (pg. 379) with half cup of 1% cottage cheese (E)
D - Mustard Marinated Pork Chops with green beans and broccoli (S)

Friday:
B - Scrambled Eggs (S)
L - Loaded Fotato Soup with carrots on the side (E) pg. 294
S - Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
D - Grilled Chicken Breast with brown rice and peas (E)

I'm not going to be putting out a meal plan next week so I can spend quality and quantity time with my family. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your friends and family. Have a great week and happy eating!!!

1 comment:

  1. cheap kick to pound the roof, I barbour sale heard big sound, deafening, and then collapsed barbour outlet the roof down. Brother stunned, I do not know why they would be barbour jackets outlet scolded. barbour outlet This idiot idiot, barbour outlet if I sat this car, might as well walk with the style. If take this car out, there'll be face to see people do. Was about to barbour outlet ask why, between

    ReplyDelete