Monday, September 29, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 9/29-10/5/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soups and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

This week is full of activities as well as many out of town family members coming to visit. My kids are so pumped to have guests this week. The energy level in our house is a bit crazy! I know we will be eating out more than we normally do this weekend. I'm trying to stay as on plan as possible.

My Mini-Goals for this week:
  • Drink more water! I've been doing better at this, but not as well as I would like. Now that the weather is cooling down I have been having Peppermint tea in the morning and/or evening so that helps break up my plain water. I also tried Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS) again this week. When I originally tried this drink many months ago I wasn't a fan. Way too gingery for my taste buds. Low and behold, when I made it this week I liked it. Proof that taste buds can change!
  • Exercise 4 times this week. I've been pretty consistent with my Ttapp exercise program.
  • Wake up at 6am each day this week. Not food related, but I find I get much more accomplished during the day if I get an early start. I'm NOT a morning person, so this one is quite a stretch for me!
Here's what we'll be eating this week:
Monday:
B - Apple Cinnamon Yogurt (E) pg. 250
L - (2) Caveman BLTs with side of strawberries (S)
S - handful of almonds and 1 oz. cheddar cheese (S)
D - Chicken Stir-fry over brown rice (E)

Tuesday:
B - Raspberry Cheesecake Shake (S) ***I will be using strawberries because that's what I have on hand.
L - Salad with hard-boiled egg, cheddar cheese and Ranch (S)
S - celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Easy Mexican Casserole (S)

Wednesday:
B - Peanut Butter Shake (S)
L - Loaded Fotato Soup (S) pg. 294
S - Cottage Berry Whip (FP)
D - Grilled steak with Bacon, Garlic Green Beans and side salad (S)

Thursday:
B - Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake (E) ***Use a wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese instead of instant pudding.
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup (S) pg. 292
S - (2) Lite Rye Wasa Crackers with wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese and topped with a hard-boiled egg (S)
D - Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken served over quinoa and steamed broccoli (E) ***Use chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs

Friday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs with bacon (S)
L - Easy Avocado Turkey Wrap with side of strawberries and fresh veggies (S) ***Use a low-carb tortilla for the wrap.
S - Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie (S)
D - Deep Dish Pizza (S)

Saturday:
B - Reese Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - leftover pizza with fresh veggies (S)
S - Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie (S)
D - Out with extended family (aiming for an S)

Sunday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - Out with extended family (aiming for an S)
S - Apple with 1 tsp. peanut butter (E)
D - Lifegroup at church (CHEAT!)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you Darcie for posting your menu plan. I appreciate it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I ask if you have had any success on THM? And how much weight you want to lose? My goal is 28 pounds but it does not want to budge. I have done the FC week but ended up cheating on it that last days of the second week. And once during the first week. Did not lose anything. Thanks for your menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've lost 30 lbs and 3 pants sizes and one shirt size. Not sure why you're not losing but could be a multitude of things. Stick with it because it will make you feel much better and healthier and the weight loss will eventually come.

      Delete