Monday, September 22, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 9/22-9/28/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soups and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

I feel like I'm finally getting into the groove of our fall schedule. It always takes me a few weeks to get my mind wrapped around all that's going on. I was thankful I had my meal plan and groceries purchased and prepped because we had quite a few hectic days last week. 

One other thing that's been helping me is doing the majority of our grocery shopping at the beginning of the month, and then just filling in the fresh produce, milk and a few items worth stocking up on throughout the rest of the month. I love having a stocked freezer and pantry all set with everything I need for my meals. If you've ever wondered if buying meat in bulk is worth it, I'm here to tell you it it! Getting quality meat and having it on hand in your freezer is so helpful on those chaotic nights. And have you noticed the price of meat (and really everything else) skyrocketing lately? We split a quarter of a cow with my brother this summer and now I'm doing a bulk order through Zaycon Foods (this is a referral link) for their boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If you've not heard of Zaycon, they sell high quality meat that is 100% natural, hormone, artificial flavor and additive free for a fantastic price! They have drop sites all over the country. Definitely worth checking out! 

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Lemon Cream Pie Protein Shake (FP)
L - (3) Lettuce Wraps (made with ham, mustard and mayo) with cucumbers and green peppers and strawberries (S) pg. 297
S - handful of almonds and 1/4 c. blueberries (S)
D - Taco Salad (S) pg. 347

Tuesday:
B - Peanut Butter Milkshake (S)
L - leftover Taco Salad (S)
S - celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Buffalo Chicken Chili (S)

Wednesday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs with cheese and ham (S)
L - leftover Buffalo Chicken Chili (S)
S - Cottage Berry Whip (FP) pg. 379
D - Chicken Lo Mein (E)

Thursday:
B - Apple Cinnamon Yogurt (E) pg. 250
L - (2) Caveman BLTs with cucumbers and celery on the side dipped in Ranch (S)
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese (FP) ***If you like spicy food try the Jalapeno variety. Its so good! :)
D - Balsamic Chicken over brown rice with steamed broccoli (E) pg. 324

Friday:
B - Green Smoothie (E) ***Omit the banana
L - leftover Balsamic Chicken and broccoli (E)
S - 5-Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt (E) ***Instead of the honey I'm going to use an on-plan sweetener.
D - Pizza Casserole with side salad (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - Reese Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - Loaded Fotato Soup (S) pg. 294
S - Almond Raspberry Swirl Yogurt (S) pg. 252
D - Boneless Wings on top of a salad with Ranch (S) pg. 324

Sunday:
B - Berritastic Smoothie (S) pg. 248
L - leftover Boneless Wings on top of a salad with Ranch (S)
S - popcorn (E)
D - Chicken Quinoa Soup (E) ***Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs.

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment