Monday, September 15, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 9/15-9/21/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" mealsmy 20 favorite THM soups and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

This week kicks off a lot of our Fall activities and we are busy busy busy. However, just because I'm busy I will not use that as an excuse to eat out and off plan (one exception this week is dinner our with girlfriends). I have a couple of mini-goals this week to help me stay on track.

  1. Drink more water! I find I get so caught up in what I'm doing throughout the day that I forget to drink. I'm still not sure how this happens, but it does all the time.
  2. Prep most of our dinner items early in the week so I can easily throw together a dinner before we head out the door in the evening.
  3. Exercise 3x - seems simple enough but something always fills that time slot.
Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - (2) scrambled eggs and bacon (S)
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup with fresh veggies on the side (S) pg. 292
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa Crackers with wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
D - Colorado White Chili (E) ***Omit the corn

Tuesday:
L - leftover Colorado White Chili (E)
S - celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Crock Pot Balsamic Pot Roast with Mashed Cauliflower and green beans (S)

Wednesday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Swirl Yogurt (E) pg. 250
L - leftover Pot Roast with Mashed Cauliflower (S)
D - Out with my Mom's Group for dinner (cheat!)

Thursday:
L - Loaded Fotato Soup (S) pg. 294
S - Simply Candied Almonds (S)
D - Garlicky Spinach Parmesan Frittata with side salad with Ranch (S)

Friday:
B - Fruity Blend Yogurt (E) pg. 251
L - BLT wrap on a low-carb tortilla with strawberries and cucumbers (S)
S - 1/2 green apple with peanut butter and 1 oz. cheddar cheese (S)

Saturday:
B - THM pancakes topped with strawberry syrup (E) pg. 223 ***To make the strawberry syrup just mash some strawberries in a bowl with a potato masher and sweeten with THM sweet blend or Truvia to taste.
L - leftover Deep Dish Pizza (S)
D - Black Bean Quesadilla with fresh veggies (E) 

Sunday:
B - Egg White Bites (FP) ***I'm going to add deli turkey meat to these.
S - popcorn (E)
D - Quick Lime Cilantro Chicken with brown rice and pico de gallo (E)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment