Even though it's still August and extremely humid this week, I was in the mood for something that tasted like fall. Enter these yummy pumpkin muffins. They are grain and sugar free. My four kids gobbled these up as a snack, and they made for a satisfying breakfast for me. I warmed it up and put some butter on it, and oh my word it was delicious! The photos don't do them justice.
Pin it for later.
Pumpkin Muffins Makes 18-20 muffins
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 1 c. coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 c. THM Sweet Blend OR 2/3 c. + 3 T. of Truvia (this is equivalent to 48 packets)
- 2 c. almond flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1-1 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with olive oil. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, pumpkin, oil and sweetener until it is smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the nuts if using them.
- Fill each muffin tin until they are 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 17-19 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.