Monday, August 4, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 8/4-8/10/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" meals and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

This Thursday marks one year that I've been eating the THM way! I'm so thankful for this way of eating and the health that it has restored to my body. All told I've lost 30 lbs, many inches (I'm still kicking myself that I never measured), down 3 pant sizes and 1 shirt size. I would like to lose a few more pounds, but overall I'm happy with the way I look and feel that I'm not overly concerned, it will come in time. 



My best tips for being successful on THM are:

  • Plan, plan, plan - I can't tell you how invaluable it is to have a meal plan each week, and I'm not just saying that because I have a blog the revolves around it. :) If you have everything mapped out and are prepared for the week ahead you will succeed at eating right.
  • Stick to your plan - It's one thing to make a plan, but and another thing to actually stick to it. If you're going to go to all the work of making the plan you might as well stick to it and follow through. 
  • Enjoy the freedom! - THM is about bringing freedom to the way you eat. Yes, there are restrictions on the amount of fat or carbs you can eat, depending on the meal setting, but don't let it become all consuming. There is a learning curve, but this is a lifestyle and not a diet so embrace it! Don't be afraid to try new foods, even ones that you don't think you like. You'll be amazed at the way your taste buds can change once you get rid of all the sugar and processed junk.
  • Give yourself grace - If you are going to eat the THM way for the long haul, you're going to mess up from time to time and cheat occasionally. Give yourself grace and start over in 3 hours.
In honor of the milestone I've reached this week, I'm putting some of my favorite recipes in my meal plan this week. Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - (2) Fried eggs and strawberries (S)
L - Chicken Wrap on a low-carb tortilla shell with grilled chicken, lettuce, cheddar cheese and Ranch with a 1/2 c. blueberries (S)
D - Chicken Stir-fry over brown rice (E)

Tuesday:
L - leftover Chicken Stir-fry (E)
D - No-tortilla Enchilada Casserole with sour cream and lettuce on the side (S) ***Use this recipe for the enchilada sauce

Wednesday:
B - Green Smoothie (E) ***Omit the banana
L - leftover Enchilada Casserole (S)
S - Apple with 1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese (E)

Thursday:
B - Fruity Blend Yogurt (E) pg. 251
L - BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato) Wrap on a low-carb tortilla with strawberries (S)
S - Celery with peanut butter (S)

Friday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - leftover Jalapeno Popper Chicken Bake (S)
D - Pizza Casserole (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Swirl (E) pg. 250
L - Salad with hard boiled egg, cheddar and Ranch (S)
S - handful of peanuts and almonds (S)
D - Wedding reception - going to do my best to stay on plan

Sunday:
S - Cottage Berry Whip (E) pg. 379
D - Grilled Chicken with Creamy Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (S)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!


4 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for your wonderful site! I started the plan about 2 weeks ago and have lost just over 8 pounds already! I was able to start by following your meal plans. Thanks for making it easier for me. :) Plus that chicken enchilada bake you make with the specific sauce is AMAZING! Love your site!!! :) :) And congrats on the weight loss...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marlena! So glad that the site has been helpful. Congrats on 8# down already! Keep on keeping on!! It's so worth it!

      Delete
  2. Yes, Darcie, so glad to have found your site. I need to meal plan and am new to THM and just getting started (and my thoughts in order) has been the biggest challenge.

    I have a couple of questions: do you have nothing between Breakfast & Lunch (a sipper, perhaps) and, if so, and you are caught by hunger, what is you go-to grab snack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time I get my kids breakfast and hubby out the door, I get breakfast around 8:30. I eat lunch at 11:30 and snack at 2:30ish. We typically eat dinner at 5:30 or 6. I'm not nor have I ever been a big night time snacker. If I find myself hungry before bed I will eat a handful of nuts. Hope that helps. :)

      Delete