Monday, August 18, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 8/18-8/24/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" meals and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it for later.

My husband's sweet cousin is moving this week. I'm really bummed that she'll be on the other side of the country, but very excited for her family as they embark on their new adventure. She is an incredible gardener and had three plots in our community garden. She graciously has gifted me her garden plots and boy are they starting to produce quite the bounty. I've already picked 50 tomatoes and there are at least 150 or so more. I'm getting all the materials around to start canning this week. Thankfully my wonderful Grandma gifted me 50 canning jars!!! She's the best!

I've only canned one other time in my life, and I honestly don't remember much of how to do it because honestly my mother-in-law did most of the work. :) So I've been frantically searching Pinterest on "how to can diced tomatoes". God bless the creators of Pinterest! Seriously, life saver! I found this great tutorial that I think I'm going to follow. 

Since canning can be very time consuming, especially when doing it alone, I'm keeping our menu very simple this week.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Fruity Blend (E) pg. 251
L - BLT wrap on a low-carb tortilla with a side of strawberries and cucumbers (S)
S - celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Grilled steak seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning with green beans and broccoli both with butter (S)

Tuesday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - Salad topped with leftover steak and Ranch (S)
S - Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies (S) pg. 387
D - Crockpot Balsamic Roast with Baked Parmesan Zucchini (S)

Wednesday:
B - Reese Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - leftover Roast and Zucchini (S)
S - leftover Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies (S)
D - Burrito Bowl - pinto beans, chicken cooked in taco seasoning, salsa and lettuce (E)

Thursday:
B - (2) scrambled ham and cheese eggs (S)
L - leftover Burrito Bowl (E)
S - leftover Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies (S)
D - Cauliflower Chowder (S) ***Substitute almond milk for regular milk.

Friday:
B - French Toast Protein Shake (FP)
L - leftover Cauliflower Chowder (S)
S - Hummus and veggies (S helper because I'm using garbanzo beans) pg. 405
D - Deep Dish Pizza (S)

Saturday:
B - (3) Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups (S) ***This recipe includes hash browns, so omit the hash browns.
L - Better than Chef Salad (S) pg. 305
S - leftover Hummus and veggies (S)
D - Loaded Cauliflower and Chicken Casserole with a side salad (S)

Sunday:
B - Ginger Bread Cookie Protein Shake (FP) ***Do not use the maple syrup that is listed as one of the optional ingredients
L - leftover Loaded Cauliflower and Chicken Casserole (S)
S - Peanut Butter Cups (these are without the chocolate) (S)
D - Cheeseburger (no bun) with Broccoli Cauliflower Salad (S)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

2 comments: