Monday, July 14, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 7/14-7/20/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals or drinks take a look at my top 30 "E" mealsmy top 30 "S" meals and my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Don't have time to read it all now? Pin it to read later.

Last week was a crazy week. I had my meals all planned out, groceries purchased and organized and thought I was set for the week. Then my daughter got a horrible stomach bug that landed us in the Emergency Room twice and eventual admittance to the hospital due to dehydration. So all my great plans went out the window, which is fine because the health of my child is more important than my well laid out plans. I made as good of food choices as possible, but still did not do great. It's a new day, and a new week and I'm back at it in full force today.

Also, last week I split a quarter of a cow with my brother and his family. I'm really excited to have a freezer full of grass-fed beef! You will definitely be noticing more beef dishes on the menu in the coming weeks.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Reese Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - Salad with ham and Ranch dressing (S)
S - peanuts and 1/2 apple (S)
D - Egg Roll in a Bowl (S)

Tuesday:
B - Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake (E)
L - Very Berry Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette (S)
S - Zucchini Walnut Spice Muffin (S) 
D - Marinated Steak with broccoli, green beans and mixed berries (S) ***Substitute Bragg's Liquid Aminos or tamari for the soy sauce in the marinade 

Wednesday:
B - Zucchini Walnut Spice Muffin with strawberries (S)
L - Very Berry Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette (S)
S - Popcorn (E)
D - Black Bean Soup (E) ***Use 0% Plain Greek Yogurt, cilantro leaves or lime wedges as toppings

Thursday:
B - Oven Baked Denver Omelet (S)
L - leftover Black Bean Soup (E)
S - Zucchini Walnut Spice Muffin (S)
D - Taco Salad (S)

Friday:
B - Chocolate Cake Batter Protein Shake (FP)
L - leftover Taco Salad (S)
S - Crust-less Key Lime Pie (FP)
D - Pizza Casserole (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - Thin Mint Shake (S)
L - Big Mac Salad (S)
S - Paleo Lemon Pudding with Strawberries (S)
D - No Tortilla Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake (S) ***Use this recipe for the enchilada sauce

Sunday:
B - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt with 2 T. peanut butter and Truvia to taste (S)
L - Grilled chicken with Just Like Loaded Baked Potatoes (S)
S - leftover Paleo Lemon Pudding with Strawberries (S)
D - leftover No Tortilla Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake (S)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment