Monday, June 9, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 6/9-6/15/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals take a look at my top 30 "E" meals and my top 30 "S" meals. Also be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

A few people have asked how much I spend per week on groceries. For my family of 6, (keep in mind all my kids are 9 and under, but are big eaters) I spend about $100-125/week. That includes everything - food, diapers, paper products, toiletries, etc... For some people I'm sure this seems like a huge grocery budget, and for some people this seems minuscule. I don't buy a lot of special THM ingredients, as its not really in the budget, and have had great success still. I try to buy in season produce as much as possible - hooray for Farmer's Markets! You'll notice we're eating a lot of berries this week because they are on sale.

I also try to keep a stock pile as much as possible. Read part 1 and 2 if you're curious about building a stock pile. Another practice I implemented a while back is prep once and eat all week. I find that by doing so it saves me so much money by not wasting food. I hope this gives you some creative ideas as well as encouragement that THM is totally possible even on a conservative budget.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L -  Egg Salad with cucumbers and green peppers, and strawberries (S)
S - Popcorn (E)
D - Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup (E) ***Use only 1T. olive oil and I do not eat the pasta in it, but leave it in for my family.

Tuesday:
B - Spinach Sausage Scraumble (S)
L - leftover Minestrone (E)
S - Almonds & 1/2 apple (S)
D - Pizza Casserole (S) pg. 327

Wednesday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Swirl (E) pg. 250
L - (2) Ham Roll-ups with Cucumber Avocado Caprese Salad (S) pg. 299
S - Tummy Tucking Ice Cream (S) pg. 369
D - Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake using this enchilada sauce (E) ***I'm using half the amount of cheese and Greek yogurt to keep this an E meal

Thursday:
B - Chocolate Cake Batter Protein Shake (E)
L - Fotato Soup with strawberries (FP) pg. 294
S - 1/2 c. 2% Cottage Cheese and 1/2 c. blueberries (E)
D - Loaded Cauliflower and Chicken Casserole with broccoli (S)

Friday:
B - Fruity Blend Yogurt (E) pg. 251
L - leftover Cauliflower and Chicken Casserole (S)
S - Thin Mint Shake (S)
D - Slow Cooker Herb Chicken with spinach and brown rice (E) ***Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and 1 T. butter

Saturday:
B - Breakfast Ham Cups with mixed berries (S)
L - We are going to a birthday party, not sure what they are serving, but will stick to plan as close as possible
S - Celery with peanut butter (S)
D - Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers with a side salad and Ranch (S) ***Substitute Truvia or THM Sweet Blend for the Splenda

Sunday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - Burgers with Chopped Confetti Veggie Salad (S)
S - Peanut Butter Whip (S)
D - Orange Chicken & Brown Rice Casserole with broccoli (E)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment