Monday, June 16, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 6/16-6/22/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals take a look at my top 30 "E" meals and my top 30 "S" meals. Also be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

Now that summer is in full swing and the warmer weather has arrived, (it's taken the weather a bit here in Michigan to realize that it is in fact summer) I am making shakes and smoothies like a crazy person. I love them! They are the perfect breakfast or snack, and I love that they are portable without much fuss. Even my kids are into them! If you missed my post last week on my 20 favorite shakes, smoothies and cold drinks, be sure to check it out.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil & bacon (S)
L - Ham Wrap with strawberries - Ham wrap ~ low-carb tortilla, mayo, mustard, ham, provolone cheese, lettuce, salt & pepper (S)
S - Almonds and 1 oz. cheddar cheese (S)
D - Chicken stir-fry over brown rice (E) ***I added about 1 T. sriracha to the basic stir-fry sauce, and it added a great kick, so if you like spice, give it a try.

Tuesday:
B - Thin Mint Shake (S)
L - BLAT Wrap - low-carb tortilla, bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato and Ranch (S)
S - Creamy Frozen Strawberry Lemonade (FP) ***Use this recipe for the lemonade
D - One Pan Mexican Quinoa (E) ***Omit the corn and avocado 

Wednesday:
B - Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (FP) ***I use unsweetened almond milk rather than the coconut milk
L - leftover Mexican Quinoa (E)
S - Peanut Butter Cups (S)
D - Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with a side salad dressed with Ranch (S)

Thursday:
B - Green Smoothie (E) ***Omit banana
L - Big Mac Salad (S)
S - Peanut Butter Cups (S)
D - Chicken Lo Mein (E)

Friday:
B - Chocolate Cake Batter Protein Shake (FP)
L - Loaded Fotato Soup (S) pg. 294
S - Lemon Cheesecake Bars (S)
D - Fooled Ya Pizza (S) pg. 276

Saturday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Swirl (E) pg. 250
L - Dale's Can't Stop Eating It Salad with grilled chicken breast (S)
S - Lemon Cheesecake Bars (S)
D - Crock Pot Green Chili Chicken on a low-carb tortilla with lettuce, sour cream and cheese (S)

Sunday:
B - Fruity Blend Yogurt (E) pg. 251
L - Grilled Chicken Breasts with roasted vegetables and green beans in butter (S)
S - Pumpkin Spice Cookies (S)
D - leftover Green Chili Chicken (S)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

6 comments:

  1. Darcie, is this menu plan for weight loss on THM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that was probably a dumb question since it is a menu for THM but I wanted to be sure :) I want to use some of your menus and I have about 80 more lbs to lose. Thanks so much for doing this!

      Delete
    2. Not a dumb question at all! Glad my menus can be of some help! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Darcie, this will help a lot. I am a newbie and this will give me some direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it can be helpful to you!

      Delete