Monday, May 5, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 5/5-5/11/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book.

I keep finding so many wonderful looking recipes to try on Pinterest. Be sure to follow me, so you don't miss a single one. I'm excited for the prospect of much warmer weather on the horizon. I've found quite a few yummy salads to try as well as some new marinades and rubs for meat to use while we grill.

To all of my readers who are Moms, or Moms-to-be, have a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday. I'm very thankful for my own Mom, Grandmas and women whom have had great influence in my life. The older I get, the more I appreciate all the love, sacrifice and wisdom that my Mom has imparted to me over the years. Motherhood is the hardest, yet best job on the planet.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Scrambled eggs cooked in butter with 2 pieces of bacon (S)
L - Cabbage Soup (E) ***Omit the meat, or use turkey sausage to keep this an E meal.
S - 2 Wasa Light Rye Crackers with a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
D - Grilled Cheesy Buffalo Chicken with a side salad and Ranch (S)

Tuesday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - leftover Cabbage Soup (E)
S - Popcorn (E)
D - Crock Pot Balsamic Roast with mashed cauliflower (S)

Wednesday:
B - Almond Raspberry Yogurt Swirl (S) pg. 252
L - Salad with Ranch and hard-boiled egg (S)
S - Celery with 2 T. peanut butter (S)
D - Crispy Sriracha Chicken over brown rice and steamed broccoli (E)

Thursday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Yogurt Swirl (E) pg. 250
L - Cauliflower Chowder (S)
S - Peanut Butter Cups (I typically eat 2 at a time, 3 if I'm having a particularly stressful day) (S)
D - No Tortilla Enchilada Bake with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on the side (S)

Friday:
B - Reese Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - leftover Cauliflower Chowder (S)
S - Celery with wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
D - Eating out at Olive Garden with extended family, not quite sure what I'm going to order yet

Saturday:
B - Raspberry Cheesecake Shake (S)
L - Lettuce Wrap with Turkey and a side of strawberries (FP) pg. 297
S - handful of almonds and 1/2 apple (S)
D - Pizza Casserole (S) pg. 327

Sunday:
B - Thin Mint Shake (S)
L - Grilled chicken thighs with roasted veggies and green beans in butter (S)
S - 1/2 apple with 2 T. peanut butter (S)
D - Chicken Pot Pie Soup (E) ***Omit the puff pastry, as much as it saddens me to not eat it. :( I'm also using boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment