Monday, May 26, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 5/26-6/1/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book. If you're still in search of even more meals take a look at my top 30 "E" meals and my top 30 "S" meals. Also be sure to follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a meal plan, tip or recipe.

I hope everyone has had a great Memorial Day weekend. I am so thankful to all the men and women who are serving or who have faithfully served in the past. A special thanks to those of you who have had family members who paid the ultimate price to protect and preserve our freedom.

I have enjoyed getting to see quite a few friends and and family members this weekend. And of course I've enjoyed all the food! I stayed on plan for most of the weekend but did allow myself a few indulgences. I'll be back at it in full force tomorrow.

Here is what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - Grilled chicken and roasted vegetables (S)
S - Celery with 2 T. peanut butter (S)
D - Cheeseburger (without the bun) and a salad with Ranch (S)

Tuesday:
B - THM Pancakes with strawberries (E) pg. 223
L - Cheese quesadilla with sour cream and salsa (made with a low-carb tortilla), fresh veggies dipped in Ranch (S)
S - Thin Mint Shake (S)
D - Chicken Stir-fry with brown rice (E)

Wednesday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Swirl (E) pg. 250
L - Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup (S) pg. 292
S - handful of almonds and 1 oz. cheddar cheese (S) 
D - Wet Burritos - chicken and fajita vegetables, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, low-carb tortilla and topped with enchilada sauce (S)

Thursday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (E)
S - (2) Lite Rye Wasa Crackers with wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
D - Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Peppers with guacamole (S)

Friday:
B - Fruity Blend Yogurt (E) pg. 251
L - leftover Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (E)
S - Dark Chocolate Bark (S)
D - Deep Dish Pizza with fresh veggies (S) 

Saturday:
B - Eggs & Bacon (S)
L - Salad with hard-boiled egg and cheese and topped with Ranch dressing (S)
S - 1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese sprinkled with some paprika (FP)
D - Loaded Cauliflower & Chicken Casserole with green beans (S)

Sunday:
B - Raspberry Cheesecake Shake (S)
L - Big Mac Salad (S)
S - Crispy Cheddar Cheese & Green Onion Chips (S)
D - leftover Loaded Cauliflower & Chicken Casserole (S)

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I've gotten really frustrated because I've been doing THM since January and have only lost 6-7 lbs and a few inches. That's it. I am happy that at least I'm not gaining weight but just not sure what I'm doing wrong. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please share your eating schedule. What time you have each meal and snack. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat breakfast at 7:30, lunch at 11:30, snack at 2:30 and dinner at 5:30 or 6. Sometimes if I'm hungry 3 hours after eating dinner I will have a handful of nuts to hold me over until breakfast. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. these menus are amazing!! thank you sooooo mud for creating them!

    ReplyDelete