Monday, April 28, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 4/28-5/4/14


Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first. Wondering what all the letters (S, E, FP) mean after each meal? Check this out. I've also added page numbers if the recipe comes from the Trim Healthy Mama book.

This is a special week for our family as our oldest is turning nine years old. She is growing into such a sweet, caring and sensitive young lady. We are very thankful for her and the joy she brings to our family. She helped me pick out some of the meals this week. She used to be my pickiest eater, but thankfully is now much more open to trying new foods.

Am I the only one freaking out that this week is the start of May? This year is flying by. May is the month where trees and plants start to blossom in bloom in my neck of the woods. I love the beauty and new life that Spring brings. Also, Spring is the start of grilling season. :)

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - Cinnamon Apple Swirl (E) pg. 250
L - Low-carb tortilla with deli ham, lettuce, green peppers and onion with Ranch dressing and a side of strawberries (S)
S - (2) Wasa Rye Crackers with a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese
D - Jalapeno Popper Chicken with steamed broccoli (S)

Tuesday:
B - Big Boy Smoothie (FP) pg. 242
L - leftover Jalapeno Popper Chicken (S)
S - Popcorn (E)
D - Chicken Florentine served with steamed cauliflower (S)

Wednesday:
B - Almond Raspberry Swirl (S) pg. 252
L - Salad with cheese, hard boiled egg and Ranch (S)
S - Thin Mint Shake (S)
D - Slow Cooker Herb Chicken with Spinach served over brown rice and steamed broccoli (E) *** Reduce butter to 1 T. and use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs.

Thursday:
B - Scrambled eggs and bacon (S)
L - Lettuce Wrap with deli turkey and fresh veggies (FP) pg. 297
S - Celery with 2 T. peanut butter (S)
D - Burrito Bowls - chicken, fajita veggies, black beans, Spanish rice, salsa, lettuce (E)  *** Substitue brown rice for white in the Spanish rice.

Friday:
B - Reese Peanut Butter Cup Shake (S)
L - leftover Burrito Bowl (E)
S - Cheese stick and handful of almonds (S)
D - Pizza Casserole (S) pg. 327

Saturday:
B - Ham Cups (S) *** Omit the hash brown portion of the recipe.
L - Fotato Soup (FP) pg. 294
S - Peanut Butter Cups (S)
D - Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Peppers (S)

Sunday:
B - Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie (E)
L - Taco Salad (S) pg. 347
S - Peanut Butter Cups (S)
D - Spicy Sriracha Chicken and Quinoa (E) ***Reduce coconut oil to 1 T. and sweeten with your choice of on-plan sweetener to taste in place of the honey.

Have a great week and happy eating!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Darcie. My name is Cheryti, and I am leading a Wednesday night THM nutrition class at church. It's been a bit challenging to manage as I work and have five kids, but I thought it important enough to try and fit in. I am SO THRILLED to find your blog, and believe it will save me many hours in meal plan design, as I can refer the ladies to the ones you have already made. Thank you for this wonderful resource, look forward to many new followers from Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryti! So glad you found the blog and that it can be a help to you and the others in your class. Accountability has been a huge help for me on my Thm journey. Thanks again for passing my blog on to your class.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for linking to my jalapeno popper chicken! I hope you liked it! <3

    ReplyDelete