Monday, March 17, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 3/17-3/23/14

Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first.

Spring is in the air (sort of) and there is hope on the horizon that we may actually experience consistent temperatures above 30! The snow is starting to melt and patches of brown grass are starting to appear. I have never in all my life been so excited to see brown grass!

This week is my son's 3rd birthday. He is very excited about his birthday. Every morning when he wakes up he asks if today is his birthday. I love this age!

You'll notice an addition to the meal plan this week. The letters S, E, or FP appear after each meal. So what do these letters mean? In August 2013 I started an eating plan called Trim Healthy Mama (THM). This is a lifestyle, NOT a diet. And let me tell you, it has totally changed my life (cliche I know) and the way I look at food. After having four babies and gaining 40 pounds each pregnancy but only losing 30 of those pounds each time, it left me feeling super discouraged about the way I looked and felt. I knew enough was enough and needed to get healthier for myself and my family. To date I've lost 27 pounds and have about 13 pounds more to go until my goal weight. I haven't felt or looked this good in almost 10 years. The best part is, you are eating real food that is nourishing your body and there is no deprivation. There are desserts galore that are actually good for you. Sounds to good to be true, right? I'm so glad that THM is my reality now.

If you're wondering what it's all about, read this review of the book and this quick start guide. So back to the letters. S stands for satisfying meals - meals that are higher in fat and low in carbs. E stands for energizing meals - higher in carbs and lower in fat. FP stands for fuel pull meals - low in fat and carbs. Whether you are eating the THM way or not, I hope my meal plans offer some healthy meal ideas for you and your family.



Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:
B - 0% Greek yogurt with an apple and cinnamon (E) pg. 250
L - leftover taco salad with cheese and sour cream (S)
D - fried cabbage with bacon (S)
S - peanut butter cups (S)

Tuesday:
B - scrambled eggs with green peppers and onions (S)
L - buffalo chicken wraps on low-carb wraps (S) pg. 324
D - Crock Pot Santa Fe chicken served over brown rice (E)
S - peanut butter cups (S)

Wednesday:
B - 0 % Greek yogurt with strawberries (FP) pg. 251
L - leftover Santa Fe chicken (E)
D - chicken and cauliflower casserole (S)
S - almonds and strawberries (S)

Thursday:
B - scrambled eggs with green peppers and onion (S)
L - leftover chicken and cauliflower casserole (S)
D - BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato) wraps on low-carb wraps with strawberries (S)
S - (2) Light Rye Wasa crackers with wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (FP)

Friday:
B - 0% Greek yogurt with an apple and cinnamon (E) pg. 250
L - salad with hard boiled egg and Ranch dressing (S)
D - burrito bowls - fajita chicken with green peppers and onions, black beans, salsa and Spanish rice (E)
S - celery and peanut butter (S)

Saturday:
B - 0% Greek yogurt with 2 T. peanut butter (S)
L - leftover burrito bowls (E)
D - homemade pizza with fresh veggies (CHEAT)
S - popcorn (E)

Sunday:
B - 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries (FP) pg. 251
L - out for my son's birthday
D - I'm bringing salad for our small group at church (S)
S - celery with peanut butter (S)

Have a great week and happy eating!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my recipe! (Chicken and Cauliflower casserole) Hope you love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm new at starting the THM, and there is so much info in your great meal plans. This is so much help and greatly appreciated to see what you have done. A lot of info here. One question I do have, is your serving sizes. Not sure how much of this and that to eat, and if the same would apply to any one person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a link that we could print
    JUST the menu? Maybe it is there and I read right over it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On this site I use my name
      Dora Gant
      On this email I used my pets names since it's a catch all email account 😆

      Delete