Monday, February 24, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 2/24-3/1/14

Wondering how or why to meal plan? Read this first.

I was talking with some girlfriends last week and they suggested that I do a full meal plan this week. So this week I will be sharing what I eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and include a full grocery list. Hopefully this will give you some fresh ideas on what to serve your family. As you will see I'm not very creative in the breakfast department, mostly because I loathe breakfast. Up until this year, I probably ate breakfast 5-10 times a year! I know, crazy right? My poor mom battled with me all my growing up years to just get me to eat something, anything for breakfast. Sorry mom!

My usual go-to was leftover spaghetti or pizza or cucumbers with salt. I remember the look of horror on his face when I revealed to my (then future) husband about my breakfast choices. It still grosses him out ten years later if I eat left over pizza for breakfast. Don't tell him, but that's partially why I continue to do it! :)

Here's what we will be eating this week:

Monday:
B - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt with Truvia and peanut butter mixed in
L - Buffalo chicken wrap with fresh veggies and fruit
D - Perfect Pot Roast with mashed cauliflower and green beans

Tuesday:
B - Scrambled eggs with bacon
L - Leftover buffalo chicken wrap with fresh veggies and fruit
D - Dinner at a friend's house

Wednesday:
B - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt with strawberries
L - Salad with hard boiled eggs and cheese
D - Stuffed pepper soup

Thursday:
B - Scrambled eggs with bacon
L - Leftover soup
D - Sweet & Spicy stir-fry served over brown rice

Friday:
B - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt with Truvia and peanut butter
L - Salad with hard boiled eggs and cheese
D - Homemade pizza with fresh veggies

Saturday:
B - Pancakes with fruit
L - Leftover pizza and fresh veggies
D - Rigatoni with broccoli and garlic with a side salad

Sunday:
B - 0 % Plain Greek Yogurt with strawberries
L - My nephew's birthday party
D - Italian night at Life Group - I will be bringing pizza casserole (post on this to come next week)

Grocery List:
  • 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
  • Truvia (stevia sweetener)
  • peanut butter
  • 3 chicken breasts or thighs
  • butter
  • Frank's Hot Sauce
  • parmesan cheese
  • tortillas or wraps
  • lettuce
  • celery
  • Ranch dressing
  • salad fixings
  • 3 lb. beef roast
  • 6 carrots
  • 2 onions
  • thyme
  • rosemary
  • beef broth
  • cauliflower
  • garlic
  • green onions
  • bacon
  • eggs
  • strawberries
  • 2 # ground beef
  • 3 bell peppers
  • 29 oz. canned diced tomatoes
  • 10 oz. tomato sauce
  • chicken broth
  • 4 c. rice, cooked
  • sugar
  • honey
  • Sriracha
  • cornstarch or arrowroot
  • soy sauce or tamari
  • rice vinegar
  • oil
  • ground ginger
  • bread flour
  • yeast
  • pizza toppings
  • (2) pizza sauce
  • all-purpose flour
  • milk
  • baking powder
  • brown sugar
  • vanilla extract
  • Rigatoni
  • broccoli
Have a great week and happy eating!!!

2 comments:

  1. are these lists for one person to eat? or how many?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My breakfasts and some of my lunches are just for me. All dinners are for my family of 6. Hope that helps to clarify!

      Delete