Monday, February 10, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 2/10-2/16/14

Wondering why or how to meal plan? Read this first.

Raise your hand if you're sick of winter! I have both hands raised!! This winter has been nothing short of brutal here in Michigan. I've lost track of how many days in a row it has snowed here. And last night I nearly cried when my dear friend (Hi, Kelly!) who lives in Hawaii sent me a picture text of the sunset they were experiencing and said "wish you were here". I promptly wrote back, "wish I was too. We have 4 feet of snow on the ground". All of this snow and cold is making me lose my motivation to get things done. I almost didn't do a meal plan this week, but knew I would thank myself by Wednesday when I couldn't figure out what to make for dinner. Keep on keeping on!

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday - Burrito bowls with Spanish rice, refried beans, fajita vegetables and salsa

Tuesday - Chicken Lo Mein (I tried this dish out last week and my family LOVED it. All four kids wanted more. Definitely calling this meal a success.)

Wednesday -  Cheesy Burger Soup

Thursday - Jalapeno Popper Chili

Friday - Pizza Casserole

Saturday - Simple Sesame Chicken

Sunday - Leftovers

Grocery List:

  • brown or white rice
  • salsa
  • (2) Rotel
  • (7) onions
  • (3) green peppers
  • (8) chicken breasts or equivalent thighs
  • pinto beans
  • cumin
  • paprika
  • chili powder
  • olive oil
  • garlic powder
  • 4 oz. whole wheat spaghetti noodles
  • soy sauce or tamari
  • oyster sauce
  • chicken broth
  • carrots
  • celery
  • broccoli
  • green onions
  • 2 lbs. ground beef
  • beef broth
  • half and half
  • cauliflower
  • 8 oz. cheddar cheese
  • (5) jalapenos
  • garlic
  • oregano
  • crushed red pepper flakes
  • 14 oz. cannelloni beans
  • 14 oz. canned or frozen corn
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 lb. bacon
  • pizza sauce
  • mozzarella cheese
  • Italian seasoning
  • pepperoni
  • rice wine vinegar
  • honey
  • orange juice
  • corn starch or arrowroot
  • ground ginger
  • chili paste or Sriracha
Have a great week, stay warm and happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment