Sunday, January 12, 2014

Recipe: Basic Stir-fry Sauce (S, E or FP)

We eat a lot of stir-fry in our house. It is a quick, healthy, delicious and versatile dish to fix. I use this basic sauce when we want a simple, yet tasty dinner.

Pin it

Basic Stir-fry Sauce (Printable Recipe)
  • 1/2 c. chicken or beef broth (depending on which meat is in your stir-fry)
  • 1/4 c. Bragg's Liquid Aminos, soy sauce or tamari
  • 1 T. olive oil (for another oil to your taste)
  • 1/4 t. Truvia or if not eating THM, sugar to taste
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
***For a spicier version you could add 1-2 t. of Sriracha. This is VERY spicy, so start with a small quantity and add more if needed.
    Mix all the ingredients well and pour over meat and stir-fry vegetables of your choice.

9 comments:

  1. HI Darcie! Do you cook your veggies at all before putting the sauce on? How about the chicken? I'm not well versed in the making of stir fry, even though I would like to be. What veggies do you use, btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm using frozen veggies I will put them in a colander and run hot water over them first. Then I will cook the chicken until fully cooked and add the veggies and sauce. If I'm using raw veggies then I cook the chicken and veggies together and then add the sauce. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Yes ma'am! Thank you much :)

      Delete
  2. In stir frying I was taught to cook the chicken first, remove from pan and then cook the raw vegetables. Once vegetables are cooked I add the cooked chicken back with the vegetables and then put sauce on. I didn't know that we could cook raw chicken with fresh vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In stir frying I was taught to cook the chicken first, remove from pan and then cook the raw vegetables. Once vegetables are cooked I add the cooked chicken back with the vegetables and then put sauce on. I didn't know that we could cook raw chicken with fresh vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darcie can we use glucomanan instead of arrowroot starch as it isn't THM approved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can use glucomannan or xanthan gum

      Delete
  5. Hi Darcie, in order to make this an E meal, I need to limit my oil to 1 tsp, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This sauce is enough to use for a whole family, and I usually get 6 servings out of it which would be only 1/2 t. per serving.

      Delete