Friday, December 6, 2013

Favorite Thing Friday: Cookbooks

I love cookbooks. The recipes, photos, techniques and new ideas that are in them speak to my creative side. Every time I enter a  bookstore or library I immediately go to the cookbook section. Now I realize that not everyone has such a draw to cookbooks, so I've compiled a list of my four favorites.




Better Homes and Garden New Cook Book - This is full of tried and true recipes. The recipes are simple, easy to follow and very good. I've loved everything I've ever tried from this book. I also have a sentimental attachment to this one. My Grandma F. gave me this cookbook at my bridal shower with a sweet message written in the cover. She also sparked my interest in cooking at young age, so this is definitely a book I will cherish and hold on to.


Dining on  Dime - This book is a great resource to have. There are so many money saving tips, recipes for everything under the sun, including homemade cleaners, and filled with food that your family will actually eat. I reference this book frequently and enjoy using the recipes to make things from scratch. It's amazing how much money you can save if you're willing to put in just a little bit of time and effort.



Joy of Cooking - Talk about the mother of all cookbooks! With over 4500 recipes you're bound to find something for everyone in this cookbook. Not only is filled with a plethora of recipes, but it has tips for entertaining, menus by cuisine, measurement equivalent and substitution charts and so much more. This is definitely a book you want to add to your collection!


The Pioneer Woman Cooks - If you're looking for some down home good cooking this is your book. Ree Drummond (a.k.a. Pioneer Woman) makes some awesome food! Her cookbook is loaded with yummy recipes, really neat photography of her family's cattle ranch and sprinkled with a dose of humor as well. Everything I've ever tried from her has been delicious! She also has a great website loaded with recipes.

Add some of these books to your Christmas list. Your family will thank you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment