Thursday, November 21, 2013

Countdown to Christmas: Kelly's No-Bake Cookies

I LOVE No-Bake Cookies. I love them so much that I can't make them all that often because I eat way way way too many of them at a time if they are in my house. If I smell or see them its like I lose all self-control. Must be that peanut butter and chocolate combo. Also, I love the fact that they are so simple to make and are done it no time at all. As a busy mom of four, I need to save time where I can.

I was telling my dear friend Kelly about this a few years ago and she gave me her recipe for No-Bake Cookies, and now it's the only recipe I use to make them.

The ingredients: sugar, butter, creamy peanut butter, milk, cocoa, and QUICK cooking oats (not Old Fashioned oats)


Put sugar, butter and milk into a medium sized pot over medium heat and combine. Stir frequently and allow the butter to melt.


 Add the cocoa and bring the mixture to a boil. Make sure you really stir in the cocoa to combine it.


Let it boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
 

Turn off the heat. Add the peanut butter and oats. Stir until everything is completely combined.


Spoon onto wax paper (or aluminum foil works fine too). This recipe makes 25-30 cookies.

 Let the cookies cool and set. 15-20 minutes is usually a good amount of time. Enjoy!!



Kelly's No-Bake Cookies         makes 25-30 cookies
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 5 T. cocoa
  • 2/3 c. peanut butter
  • 3 c. QUICK oats (NOT Old Fashioned oats) 
  1. Put sugar, butter and milk into a medium sized pot over medium heat and combine. Stir frequently and allow the butter to melt.
  2. Add the cocoa and bring the mixture to a boil. Make sure you really stir in the cocoa to combine it.
  3. Let it boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
  4. Turn off the heat. Add the peanut butter and oats. Stir until everything is completely combined.
  5. Spoon onto wax paper (or aluminum foil works fine too).
  6.  Let the cookies cool and set for 15-20 minutes before eating.
Now will someone please come over so I don't eat all of these???

No comments:

Post a Comment